My First Visit.
Preparing for your first appointment:
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Make a list of questions you want to discuss on your first visit.
- Bring a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID with you.
- Please call our office ahead of time to verify your insurance benefits.
- Be prepared to share your medical history, previous treatments, current medications, and other pertinent information.
- Make a list of any signs or symptoms that the therapist should know. What has been irritating or hurting you lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue? What does it prevent you from doing?
What your first appointment at Grand Street Wellness will be like:
- When you arrive at our office, you will register at the front desk. We’ll handle the insurance paperwork so you can focus on getting better as early as possible.
- After that, you’ll meet with one of our physical therapists for your initial evaluation. During your assessment, we will inquire about your medical history, current pain, illness, or injury. Please be upfront and honest with us so that we can better understand your problem and find the best solution for you!
- Our physical therapist will assess your movement, strength, and coordination during your appointment.
- Based on the results of your evaluation, our physical therapist will recommend and build a unique treatment plan for you. The goal will be to recuperate as quickly as possible while achieving the most substantial results. On the first day, you may receive some treatments to get you started on the road to recovery; however, your following visit will include a whole therapy session.
- Our therapist will record their findings and treatment plan, and they can give those to your referring physician or another medical expert of your choosing.
Before leaving your first appointment, you will schedule the remainder of your sessions with the front desk. The number of treatment sessions required is determined by our therapist and will be discussed with you at your first appointment.
Financing & Insurance
Grand Street Wellness Center accepts a variety of health insurance plans, and we are here to assist you in navigating the world of claims and benefits. Before you arrive, please give us a call to verify your health benefits to see whether treatment services will require a copay, deductible, or coinsurance.
Grand Street Wellness Center also offers a private pay plan if you do not have health insurance or have exhausted your benefits. For additional information about our service rates and payment options, please contact us as soon as possible!
*Insurance will vary per location. Please contact us for more information.
- 1199 SEIU
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (EPO, HMO, POS, ACA exchange, and PPO plans)
- United Healthcare
- Worker’s Compensation/ No fault
- Emblem Health GHI